Hiring An Interior Designer
With so many DIY websites and stores around these days, you might wonder why anyone would hire an interior designer. The fact is interior designers bring a lot of value to your home and office projects. Here’s some of the most important benefits of hiring an interior designer (this list is far from complete).
- A designer will prevent you from making costly mistakes.
- A designer understands the importance of scale in a room.
- A designer understands how a home should flow.
- A designer has access to wholesale showrooms.
- A designer has access to wholesale furniture factories.
- A designer will create a beautiful color palette for your home.
- A designer knows how to mix existing furniture with new.
- A designer knows how to remodel a kitchen or bathroom.
- A designer has a team of trustworthy contractors.
- A designer understands where to splurge and where to save.
And here’s some tips for interviewing prospective designers.
- Check the designer’s references.
- Look at the designer’s web site. Does his/her style complement yours?
- Ask the designer about mark-ups and design fees.
- Ask the designer about his or her availability.
- Do you feel comfortable with the designer?